The financial planning benefit usually pays around $2,000 for either financial planning or legal assistance when a life insurance claim is payable. It is a very valuable benefit, usually paid in addition to the sum insured. Given that when someone dies there are always money issues, always legal issues, this helps to ensure that the family gets most of the actual sum insured. But they vary, a lot.
- The amount: from zero to $2,500
- Sometimes the benefit is only for financial planning
- Others pay legal expense as well
- Whether there is a minimum sum insured - below which no financial planning benefit is payable
- The period in which you can claim
Its for these reasons that scores can vary - quite a lot in this case.