Collection of NZ insurer data consultation
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is to run consultation sesions on the proposed collection of NZ Insurer data. I plan to attend the Auckland session. Here are the details:
Today the Reserve Bank released a consultation paper entitled: Collection of NZ insurer data. As signalled previously, the Reserve Bank is establishing a regular insurance data collection and reporting system. This is required for efficient prudential supervision of insurers, as well as for monitoring and analysis of developments at the sectoral level. Eventually there will be regular publication of some of the information obtained from insurers. Some changes are also proposed to solvency returns.
Proposed requirements for the regular data collection from licensed insurers have been uploaded to the Reserve Bank’s website here.
The consultation documents include draft templates and a consultation report which discusses various options and raises some questions for consideration.
The consultation documents are:
• Collection of NZ insurer data
• Draft template Insurer Return
• Draft template Insurer Solvency Return
• Draft template Insurer Solvency Exempted Return
• Draft template Quarterly Insurer Survey
The Reserve Bank will host seminars on the consultation (including a question and answer session) in Auckland and Wellington, as follows:
1) Wellington, at The Reserve Bank Building on Thursday 11 September 2014 from 10am to 12pm
2) Auckland, tentatively planned for Friday 12 September 2014 from 10am. Details will be confirmed as soon as possible.
If you intend attending a seminar please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 September, indicating the session and numbers attending.
Interested parties are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on the proposals. Submissions close on 8 October.