Wellington InsurTech Meetup brought to you by Deloitte and JRNY
Fighting obesity and saving lives

Preparing for upcoming regulatory changes, getting the transitional licence application done

Transitional licence applications have been opened since 25 November 2019. If you haven’t already applied, there is still time to do so. By 29 June 2020, all financial advisers must have their own or must have joined a FAP that has been issued a transitional licence by the FMA.

If you do not wish to join a FAP, you must:

  1. Register your intention on the FSPR website
  2. Apply for your licence on the FMA website

Click here to read the two useful fact sheets about the upcoming changes.

If you have series of entities and advisers we suggest that you make a list of all of them and note next to each whether they will give financial advice, what contracts they have with product providers and with your business (or multiple entities as applicable) and work out which ones need transitional licences and which do not. If you get stuck, get help - you need to get this done urgently. 


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.