27 Aug 2020 – MBIE issued a reminder that the “Covid-19” safe harbour for company directors from their insolvency related duties will expire on 30 Sept 2020 as planned.
28 Aug 2020 – Minister of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Hon Faafoi, diary for July 2020 released, with the following potential financial services sector related meetings noted:
- 1 July 2020 - Meeting with Christians Against Poverty (Aimee Mai and Michael Ward)
- 1 July 2020 – Meeting with Vero (Marie Hosking, Adrian Tulloch and Helen McNeil)
- 2 July 2020 – Meeting with AIG (Toni Ferrier and Bhairav Shah)
- 22 July 2020 – Phone call with FMA (Mark Todd)
- 30 July 2020 - Meeting with FSC (Richard Klipin and Rob Flannagan)
- 30 July 2020 - Meeting with ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ providers (Shaun Quincey, Neil Simons, Michael Saadat, John O'Sullivan, Julian Grennell)
- 31 July 2020 – Meeting with Insurance Brokers Association of New Zealand (Melanie Gorham, Tony Bridgman and Barry Hellberg)
28 Aug 2020 – Good Returns reported that on 27 Aug 2020 MBIE released submissions made on the exposure draft of the disclosure regulations applicable to Regulated Financial Advice.