Medical costs in our country continue to rise significantly causing increases to Health Insurance. In New Zealand, the medical inflation rate is estimated to be around 9-11%
Although we update the amount scores with every product change it is time we reviewed all our medical amount scores.
We have therefore started the process of a major review.
Theme of review
The themes of this review are:
- A focus on how claims scenario differs between males and females
- Revising to ensure a clear and concise scenario used across all insurers
- We have alerted advisers and insurers to our plan to do a review and asked for data on the themes above. Changes will be based on our view of all the information sent to us.
- We will then publish our proposed scenario openly for feedback.
- Further changes may be made at this stage.
Timeline for review
April – advise review started
May – review claims information
June – consult on claims scenario
July – implement revised scoring
We value getting your feedback on how these wordings are being applied to claims you may be aware of. Please email us with details of any recent claims to help us update our understanding.
Doreen Dutt, Research Analyst, Quality Product Research Limited, email@example.com