Here is the latest news from AIA in regards to keeping business operating and continued support to advisers:
To help protect our people and best support you, in line with Government direction, we will:
- reduce the number of people in our offices for essential services only, and
- transition the rest of our people to working from home.
Our service to you
As we transition our people to remote working, there may be impacts on our service levels and the way we provide services to you. We will work hard to minimise these impacts and we ask that you please support us by:
- Limiting calls to our Contact Centre to urgent enquiries only by instead using one of the following alternative channels
- Adviser Resources
- INSIGHT / SovLink
- Visiting our COVID-19 web page
- Contacting your BDM directly via their mobile or video call
- Reducing contact to our Claims team by limiting calls only for essential and urgent claims
- Delays may be experienced as we move our teams to work from home; we thank you for your patience while we transition our teams to work remotely as much as possible
- Using our eApp instead of paper or emailing through customer applications
- When you email a paper proposal to us, it requires multiple handovers between different teams. We expect that paper proposals, even those emailed, will take longer than usual to process.
- The eApp bypasses this issue and significantly speeds up the submission processes.
- Internal replacements from AIA Real and Sovereign TotalCare Max to AIA Living can take longer to complete than processing new applications submitted via eApp
- Wherever possible, please consider deferring like-for-like replacements to AIA Living
Our external providers
We are working closely with our service providers to ensure that we can continue to provide key services, including medical information.
For the safety of our Health Screen nurses and Claim Case Managers, all visits have moved to phone based. We are also working with our reinsurers to assess our ability to obtain medical information to support our underwriting and claims processes.
We are open for business
We remain open business and will do our best to support you to assist your existing customers and protect new customers seeking insurance.
We are continuing to monitor developments and at this stage there are no planned changes to our AIA Living product range.
As noted above, delays may be experienced as we move our teams to working from home and we thank you for your patience and support during this time.