Role: Part-time Analyst, Birkenhead, Chatswood consulting
Friday, 14 February 2020
Skills and abilities:
The ideal candidate would possess:
PART A: essential
The following Excel knowledge:
- Basic Excel use, graphing, etc.
- Excel formulas, including IF, H/VLOOKUP, etc.
- Pivot tables and charts
- A basic understanding of relational databases is a plus, particularly basic query operations
- Joins, group by (aggregation), etc
PART B: advantageous and sought after
The following would be a distinct advantage:
- An interest in statistics and modelling
- The ability to work independently
- Experience in statistical software a plus (R, Python, SPSS, SAS, Matlab, etc)
PART C: desirable but not essential
- Studying for/has a business qualification, ideally with a marketing major
- Reasonable Te Reo Maori
- An interest in financial services
Employer: Chatswood Consulting Limited
We are a management consulting firm specialising in the marketing of insurance products (life, trauma, IP, health) and specifically the channel, product, marketing, and sales activities.
Learn more about our team here.
Hours and Remuneration:
We have a need for a bright new member of the team who is keen to develop in this starting role suited for someone who would like to work part-time.
Part-time: 10 to 20 hours per week, flexible. Can fit within school hours and have reduced work in school holidays by negotiation. Place of work can be flexible, with it expected that some will be at our premises and some remotely.
You will work day-to-day under the supervision of our directors and receive guidance on technical matters from our contract data-scientist.
- Remuneration is $30 to $60 an hour during the 90-day trial period depending on your match to the skills listed above
- The number of hours and when they will be worked is to be agreed but a minimum number of hours per week will be agreed on
How we will review the role: We will consider
- Quality of work
- Ability to learn and grow
After 90 days we will review how the role is working out and decide whether to make the appointment permanent after the probationary period. On doing so we shall review the rate for the role, and also the hours. While we will review performance on specific projects or issues from time to time, at least one formal performance and remuneration review will be done in each calendar year.
My business has grown a lot over the last 10 years. I'm having to hire again because the person who does this has well outgrown the role. If you are good then either with me, or with someone I know, there are excellent opportunities for advancement, and I like to see people grow and succeed.
Statement about diversity:
Obviously no one is allowed to discriminate, and I don't want to. But just saying: difference is welcome. Rainbow. Culture. Whatever, don't be shy. I have a clear criteria and in-box exercises to do if I decide to interview you.
How to apply:
Write to me at email@example.com and include your CV, come interview time please bring along some of your work to show us.