23 Dec 2020 - The Commerce Commission released its updated Authorisation Guidelines that explain its approach to assessing applications to authorise agreements or mergers in the public interest. https://comcom.govt.nz/news-and-media/media-releases/2020/commission-publishes-revised-authorisation-guidelines-and-application-forms
23 Dec 2020 – The Open Government Partnership released Progress reports for Third National Action Plan and Meeting Papers. https://ogp.org.nz/latest-news/progress-reports-for-third-national-action-plan-and-meeting-papers/
22 Dec 2020 – Courtesy of Dentons Kensington Swan, note the release of the following regulations and other information during this month, in addition to those items included in the FMA update or the MBIE release on 17 Dec 2020:
- Financial Markets Conduct (Fees) Amendment Regulations 2020
- Financial Markets (Derivatives Margin and Benchmarking) Reform Amendment Act Commencement Order 2020
- Financial Markets Conduct (Licensing of Administrators of Financial Benchmarks) Amendment Regulations 2020
- Financial Markets Conduct (Overseas Providers of Custodial Services – Assurance Engagement) Exemption Notice 2020
- Financial Markets Conduct (Australian Licensees) Exemption Notice 2020
22 Dec 2020 – Courtesy of Dentons Kensington Swan, note the submission opportunities closing at the start of 2021 as follows:
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment:
- Updating the Responsible Lending Code – submissions close 15 January 2021, 5pm.
- Regulating to reduce merchant service fees – submissions close 19 February 2021, 10am.
Reserve Bank of New Zealand:
- Review of the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010 (scope of the Act and treatment of overseas insurers) – submissions close 18 February 2021.
- Review of the Insurance Solvency Standards – submissions close 18 February 2021.
- Reinstating Loan-to-Value Ratio restrictions – submissions close 22 January 2021.
Financial Markets Authority:
- Proposed guidance on advertising offers – submissions close 16 February 2021.
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bill – submissions close 4 February 2021.