Cigna has announced that from 15 April 2021 there will be changes to underlying premium rates on Life, Trauma and Disability covers across Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra and Agribusiness Extra. Changes to Life, Trauma and Disability cover are a response to feedback and market developments. The price changes represent the changes. The price changes will be applied for new customers but current customers will have the new rates applied on their next premium review date after 15 April 2021. Applications that are submitted before 15 April 2021 and issued before 15 May 2021 will not be immediately affected by the price changes. All changes are listed below:
· Life cover rates on Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra and Agribusiness Extra are increasing by 3% for yearly renewable, 5-year level and 10-year level premium structures.
· Alongside this we’ve increased our large sum assured discounts for customers with over $500,000 of life cover.
· Trauma cover on Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra and Agribusiness Extra are increasing by 3% for yearly renewable premium structures.
· Accelerated Complete Disablement Cover on Assurance Extra, Business Assurance and Agribusiness Extra are increasing by 3% for yearly renewable premium structures.
· Disability covers including Income Cover, Mortgage Repayment Cover and Premium Cover are increasing dependent on factors including age, gender, wait period and benefit period. The increase will generally vary between 1-10%, however in some cases customers will experience a decrease.
“We wanted to give you a heads up about upcoming increases to the underlying premium rates on our current Life, Trauma and Disability Cover pricing across Assurance Extra, Business Assurance, Business Extra and Agribusiness Extra.
The new underlying rates will come into effect on 15 April 2021.
Over the past year in response to feedback, and in line with market developments, we’ve made a number of enhancements to our core Life, Trauma and Disability cover to make it easier for customers to access support when the unexpected happens.
These new competitive rates reflect the recent enhancements and will contribute to the long-term sustainability of our products while remaining good value for your customers.
For new customers: The refreshed rates come into effect on 15 April 2021 for all new policies.
For existing customers: The new rates will be applied to existing customers at their next premium review date from 15 April 2021. Customers will receive notification of their new premiums via the renewal letter which is sent prior to their premium review.
Any applications submitted before 15 April 2021 and issued before 15 May 2021 will be honoured at the old rates and will not be subject to the new rates until the first premium review.” Click here to read more
In other news
FMA: the FMA has issued a public warning to Roger David Gannon of Gannon Insurance
Cigna: Simon Prentice to join Cigna as Business Partnership Manager based in lower South Island
Cigna: Sharon Duffell new Christchurch Senior Underwriter in the New Business & Underwriting Team
Cigna: Multi-Benefit Discount extended until 30 June 2021